Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Autumn

A few weekends ago, I traveled to Wisconsin for my grandfather's funeral. Although he will be missed, we are happy that he had a long and healthy life. When we arrived at the wake I was touched to see a satin heart shaped pillow with a rose from each of the great-grandchildren, including Gavin. Although I am saddened my grandfather will not have the opportunity to meet Gavin, I know that he, like our many other relatives who have passed before him, are looking down and watching over all of us as we wait to become a forever family.

If there is a "best part" about funerals, it's the fact that you get to see family. With our family spread around the country it was a blessing that we were able to join together to say goodbye. In addition, we were able to spend the next day at the Elegant Farmer. Can I say, that I love Autumn in Wisconsin? I love the weather change and that you can actually wear sweaters without overheating once you step into a building...and of course the beautiful fall colors.

Here are a few pics from our family day that weekend. I hope you are enjoying a beautiful autumn weekend, wherever you may be!


No comments:

Post a Comment