Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Sweet Treat



When one of my principals would say,"someones' been drinking the water", the staff would know that someone was going to have a baby. I believe we've had 8 people who must have "drank from the same fountain" this year. One of the special ladies was our guidance counselor. A few of us gathered to make these sweet treats, AKA cake balls for her shower at school. First, my friend baked one box of cake and then mixed it with a half container of frosting. Next, we formed the cake balls. My friend is very artistic. I consider her the "craft queen" of our group. Going to her house is like going to Hobby Lobby/Martha Stewart's studio. While we were forming the cake balls, she had melted candy coating and was piping flowers onto wax paper. It's a good thing she did, because her beautiful flowers had to hide my attempt at trying to dip the cake balls into the candy coating.LOL! I admit, that after dipping the cake balls I thought I would never do it again. However, they were so tasty, that I know sometime in the future there will be another cake ball making session. (There are probably some steps I'm leaving out, so you'll want to google cake balls before making them)

By the way, if you love the beautiful photos in this post, as well as some of the photos in the last animoto I created, please stop by my talented friend's
photo site: arg photographs We are all very proud of her and know that she will have much success in her new business venture!

1 comment: