Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Seoul Sisters...

Last week a very sweet friend traveled to Seoul. She was gracious and offered to travel with items for my family in Korea.

My sister and niece said that they would be willing to pick up something from the front desk of the hotel where she was staying. 

However, after a phone conversation, she actually met 2 of my sisters!



I am so grateful and thankful that she had the time to meet with them! Her days were packed from sun up to sun down, so a big THANK YOU goes out to my friend Karen! You can follow her journey
 @33foramoment. I know she will be backtracking and documenting her trip once she gets back home.



My 2nd sister is on the left and my 3rd sister is on the right. We did not have the chance to meet my 2nd sister while we were in Korea, so it made me very happy that she was able to meet my friend.

When we were younger, my 2nd sister and I looked like twins...and we also look a lot like our aboji. 



But now I think I look more similar to my 1st and 3rd sister.

Not the best pics...but there is not doubt in my mind that we are related.
When I was younger, that is the one thing I wished for. I wished I had a picture of my birth mother and father, to see why I looked like the way I do. 

I have to admit when I first saw pictures of my family in Korea I did not think I looked like them at all. I guess I had it in my mind that we would look like clones of each other?!?! ...which is silly, since for any family sometimes there can be a very strong family resemblance and other times just traces. 
I think of my family in Korea every day...and I think that this meeting between Karen and my sisters validates that last April was not a dream...




1 comment:

  1. I love this picture of you and your sisters! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete