Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

The Wheels Start to Turn


In my heart I always wanted to adopt from Korea and when we got married Matt and I talked about adoption, too. We just weren't ready to start a family...





In 2008 my sister and brother in law began the process to adopt a son from Korea. Our family was excited and very happy for them. From referral to travel they waited for 3 1/2 months. They also adopted through ESWS, which was the same partner agency that I was adopted through. :)







One of my favorite pics ever!




Finalization!


...and after observing the process and thinking about my own adoption, we knew for certain that we would adopt. At this time, I really started thinking about my foster mother. When my brother in law came home, my nephew's foster family had given him two photo albums of pictures from his time with them. 


You could tell how much love his foster family had for him and how much they cared for our nephew. I really loved the relationship that my sister and brother in law built. 





*On our trip, we had the privilege to meet our nephew's foster mother. She is a lovely lady. She is just how I imagined her to be. I can't wait until my nephew gets to see her again!





In the back of my head I thought it would be nice to meet my foster mother to let her know that I had a very good life. After seeing how much love my nephew's foster family had for him, I imagined that the foster families would still wonder about the babies, even if it was from eons ago. 





I still did not think about searching for my birth mother...I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to find her. Even thinking about searching for my foster mother, I still did not start searching.

1 comment:

  1. I"m so loving reading your story. THanks for sharing it with us! xoxo

    ReplyDelete