Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Are We Done Yet?

Lol! I saw that I had put in the first post, we needed to work on paperwork to complete the home study, where in fact it's actually we need to finish the paperwork that needs to be completed to actually begin our home study. I talked to the representative at the social services agency that we are using and she said that typically it takes about 6-12 weeks to complete all of the home study. During this time we are also dependent on other people sending in paperwork, and she said that is typically what takes the longest. There are some other families in Texas that are just a little bit ahead of us in the process, so I am excited to see what their timeline is like in the process.

For the majority of this week, I was up in Austin for a Technology Conference. It's really amazing the tools and applications that are available for students to utilize on the Internet, as well as what is available for learning on smart phones. One tasty tidbit that I had no clue about was you can use your iPhone as a remote control for iTunes. If you go to the App store, search for remote. You will find the remote and it's FREE! If you happen to be using your MAC as a TV you can also use your phone as a remote for that, granted you probably already know that. :)

Here's a cool site that I didn't know about. If you love Wordle, then you're really going to love Tagxedo. One of my fellow colleagues said they tried it at school and couldn't get it to work, but I'm hopeful maybe we can get the district to help us out?!?!? http://www.tagxedo.com/ and...later today or tomorrow I plan on posting something using one of my alltime favorite sites Animoto!!!

Web 2.0 it's the way to go!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're back! We missed you! can't even imagine the insane paper work you guys are having to do! WOW!

    And I LOOOOOVE that site! Already played around with it and can't wait to explore more!

    ReplyDelete