Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Great Visit with Great Friends


Tonight we had some special visitors at the Parker Household. That's right, friends of ours from college came to visit! It's hard to believe we're old enough to have known each other for 17 years. Boy, I hope that the math is wrong. We met our freshman year in college, and I actually double checked my work and it has been 17 years. Crazy...essentially we've known each other half our lives. Sean competes internationally in the Scottish Highland Games and he was in the Texas Scottish Festival last weekend. Unfortunately, we didn't get to watch him compete, but we hope to in the near future. Luckily for us they continued to drive south so we got to see them! Okay, I am still dwelling on how long we have known each other. I don't think I can get past that number. Well, all I can say is we look forward to adding even more years to this special friendship.

I'm sure you're wondering if anything has happened with the adoption process. And...nope, we are still waiting for a form to be approved by the government. I think I mentioned before how a lot of things have been approved around a holiday or significant date for us. So, maybe we'll see some movement around our anniversary or the 4th of July...of course if it's sooner than that, we will not complain.

We hope you're enjoying your summer and if you could send some rain or cooler weather to us, we would appreciate it! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! 17 years? How is that possible since we're all only 29 (and holding)? LOL. I'm glad you got to see the Betz family. They're awesome people if you ask me. :)

    ReplyDelete